Monday, April 09, 2007

Ghost of christmas past..

It is kind of strange how, all of a sudden, things from the past just creep up, in different forms, and make you realise how you have lost touch with your essence!
Its been four complete years since I left school, but even now the memories are as fresh as they can be..just that I had stopped thinking about my life then...stopped thinking about my friends then..stopped thinking about me then!
Thinking about it all, it seems to me just like yesterday, when a class of 2003, all chirpy and excited to finally get out of school and step into an absolutely "happening" college life, were running here and there, getting their shirts, diaries, papers (whatever they could lay their hands on) autographed! None of us had anticipated where we would land up 4 years down the line! Today, thinking about everyone, from people I was friends with to people I hardly talked to, everyone seems (or so I hope) to be doing really well.
4 years later, I have had my share of "gelled friends"...a few lost contacts....a few revived ones...and 1 lost forever kinds!
It is weird that even after so many years, I some how feel more connected to the "unconnected", probably cause that time I was more close to "me". Things have changed so much, and still I crave for that "me". Strange!
4 years back, we entered a world without Scholarly Papers or Culminating Exhibitions; a world where we could use our cell phones freely, do whatever we wanted...bunk lectures..sit in the canteen for hours together...eat our lunch even before we had our 1st lecture.. But there are so many things that I miss about that Old World even today, though am not exactly clear about what I miss the most.. Maybe I miss going to school early or that third period teacher who would always let us turn in our assignments late. It might be that coach that never let us quit and always pushed us to our limits... or is it walking with my best friend to class everyday. Whatever it may be, I left that place with something that I will miss and cherish, today and forever, even if I don't fully realize what that is even today.
Funny, I am about to graduate and instead of thinking about my 4 years in college, I still seem to miss my school even today. I can still write a farewell speech for school!

6 comments:

Sharad Mathur said...

cherish those memories!! never r gonna come days which were so true and beautiful.
The heart that truly loves never forgets.

Vatsala said...

I so agree with you...thinking about school still makes me nostalgic!!!!!!!!those truely were the best days of my life!!!

Shashank said...

In retrospect, I think that the 'discipline' routine in school had its own charm. College freedom comes with its own set of..well...flaws. All those little mannerisms we were expected to adhere to(and we almost always did so grudgingly) are sorely amiss in these institutes of so-called-professional-students who would exponentially benefit by inculcating a little decency!
Damn, send me back to 1999!

Vatsala said...

Guess this is what keeps happening...ven u reach level2..u always tend to miss level 1...while ven u r there at level2...anticipation of level3 is max!

Shashank said...

I dont think you'll miss Gr. Nd in Nv. Mb. :)

Vatsala said...

Well thinkin bout it..I jus mite miss it a bit for all the "memories" it has given me!;)