Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The cat-and-dog weather!!

" Kitni achi si -feeling- nai aati, jab halki halki barish ki boonde hum par girti hain!! Vo bheeni bheeni saundhi si khushboo..vo halke halke boondo ka girna..vo dheere dheere bheegna...bheegte bheegte kisi ped k neeche khade rehna...aadhe gheele se...aadhe sukhe se..dheere dheere dur tak chalna....bus chalte hi jaana.."

I have always been fascinated with rains...the sound of droplets outside your window pane...the song it sings....the general feeling it brings...the way it washes away all your worries and problems...the way it makes sure that all you can concentrate on is "it" and nothing else....the magic it weaves around...

The bracing feel of the drizzle as it touchs our skin..the intoxicating smell...its all so electrifying...so magical..

Probably I am not the only one who cant resist playing in the rain..a slight drizzle is enough to make me sopntaneously get on my feet and step out of the safe dry confines of a room!! The whole thing is just so magical...

wish it rained more often...wished it was raining at this very moment...this post could then wait till my thirst was quentched..ah an absurd thought!! :)

4 comments:

Shashank said...

I hear thunder, I hear thunder
Hark don’t you? Hark don’t you?
Pitter patter raindrops
Pitter patter raindrops
I’m wet though, I’m wet through!

Sachin Keswani said...

oops was sitting dry...suddenly feeling drenched..

Morpheus said...

Hmm..nice post, perhaps you should move to England, where it does not stop raining! I miss the Indian sun!

Shruti said...

:) You don't need to go so far as England. You should've gone to mumbai and carried an inflatable boat with u too:) ...Otherwise you can also go to banglore rains every other day there;)