Sunday, September 28, 2008

Songs...1990s

Just listening to radio gold..or whatever they call it, in the frequency terms- 106....there's this show running right now...which plays some really 'hip & happening' songs...'Aapki Farmaish' kinds...and its really funny the kind of songs people want to listen to, in this day and age..

Its not that I have not been a part of that brigade, which really 'loved' these songs in times they were released...though I don't really remember it too well how I reacted when they were 1st aired...but am sure I must've enjoyed listening to them...cause I know I surely did..after all we were not always in 2000s...

Actually come to think of it..there are not many songs..rather the kind of music that you listen to...that clings on to you...its very rare that a song that you really like today..might be topping your charts, probably 20years down the line as well....it is all so time bound! Everythin is actually so time bound, this is the reality!

Though there are so many songs..say from the 60s, 70s or even the 50s genre which I absolutely love...something happened in the 90s I guess..esp. the early 90s..to the quality of music..for sure....the songs that were made then...who listens to them now???? I mean really who does..except for a few stray songs here and there,....they all were so..cheesy!

I wonder how many really agree with me here...but I think..I really think..that was the worst phase of our music and 'fashion' industry....we talk bout the fashion industry later though ;)

3 comments:

Shashank said...

i agree , i agree, i agree! i hate that horrible same-old-romantic music they overdid! and unfortunately, i havent particularly escaped them here and now (if you dont know what i mean, i cant tell you..its a csc thing! :D)

Vatsala said...

heehee..yeah yeah....u remember songs from 'beta'???eeeeeeeeewwwwwww:D

Vatsala said...

heehee..yeah yeah....u remember songs from 'beta'???eeeeeeeeewwwwwww:D