Sunday, August 02, 2009

Love Aaj Kal...

Saw the movie..and clearly it is a hit! It a nice sweet romantic..err...na not a comedy..just a sweet romantic flick...imtiaz ali special kinds! (And we even have a Shahid Kapoor special in the end..all those who go for the movie..wait till the end..till you have that ahun ahun song..and I swear..1 sequence and Saif has that Shahid Kapoor getup..seriously..Shahid in Kismat Connection..I think that hey pappy pappi papi..whatever that is..that song!)

Alright about the movie..I think it is a very realistic kind of movie..and I think that many of the people would definitely identify with it..the 'not so sure of love' and then the 'break-up' theory..the 'long distance relationship' theory..truely...I mean..I think most of the 'aam janta' or the "Mango Public" would identify with it..

Its about moving to different locations and thinking 'practically' that the long distance relationships don't work..I mean..I don't know how 'practical' that is..does it depend on people?or on the relationship?or on the distance?or on what? I really can't figure this one out..and it is kind of eating me up..seriously....What is it about a long distance relationship that is so tough...is it not supposed to strengthen the bond?I mean think about it...two people at different location..with different people..and still so much in love!What better way to know whether what you have is real??isnt it??But what if you already know it is really real..what if you already know that what you have is so so real and correct and just plain simple love!why then do we need such an acid test??I guess we do not..and still that fear..why?This is not that right is it?
I dont know...I mean..I think the part in the movie where they define the problems of a long distance relationship..they are actually practical..."we'll msg, well chat, we'll call each other up..we'll mail..then within a few months it'll all reduce and then we'll start with the regular-y didnt you reply to my mail stuff...and then it'll be painful"...I think this is reality..most of the times..distances just reveal a lot of things, which are never even anticipated...
Then that part about breaking up...that is so real...I mean seriously...it is difficult to be friends after a break up..almost in 90% of the cases, you just can't be..cause somehow, that complete feel just does not seem to leave you...and somewhere or the other you remain stuck in time..well..not off course if you initiated the process..for sure....no matter what anyone says...it is the truth...why do people break up..most often than not, its one sided..and that whole funda of 'lets just be friends'..okay lets face it..those are just hollow words and nothing more than that...two people who have been in a relationship can never be "just friends"..
And well..that is what happens in the movie as well..thay just cant move on...but probably because they never even realise the love..I don't knw..just maybe..
Okay now the weirdest part..she gets married and divorced the next day..she as in Meera..as in Deepika Padukone...strange don't you think..initially I thought it was just way too filmy..but then come to think of it...what of you thought you were over someone and get married and then realise that it was all a big mistake..what are you supposed to do???I mean..what???
Yes but the 'filmy' angle was the looooong year long wait..even after the divorce, Deepika Padukone doesnt go over and confess her love..I couldnt really figure out why...well the reason given is that "he has just started working in t=his dream firm"..well...so what...???!! I mean..what has that got to do with anything...but well..thats how it is..

Overall..worth a watch...a definite 3 starrer for me!

P.S:
* Yes, the music is foot tapping and situational....good...and some songs really just stay with you...
**Younger version of Neetu Singh...BAAAAAD CHOICE! She cant act can talk cant dance cant lip sync..She looks like a piece of furniture and nothing more!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

people who have been into a relationship can be "friends" if not "just friends".
"just friends" sounds like covering up the botched past but if friendship was the stepping stone in the relation that "eventually" culminated into love,then I think revisiting the past is worth it.Why spoil one relationship at the cost of another??

Vatsala said...

well..I don't think so..people should just move on! If 1 thing didnt work out..noway anythin else would!Revisitin the past is not always worth a try!It might just end up refreshing the old wounds if nothin more!

pourush said...

the movie got u thinking on so many varied levels, good for u!..

personally i was disappointed wth what i saw on screen..i mean i was more laughing at them, than with them..some pointers..

*'tu hamesha sahi baat kar deti hai jaaneman'..even now when i think of the dialogue it makes me feel yuck..i wish i cud explain the feeling..it was so out of place, n well, tasteless..
*this one scene reminded me of DDLJ, when saif gets beaten up at the railway platform..remebr how kajol cried in the same situation?, this female here reacts as if she wants to feel bad but somebdyz tickling her n shez smhow makin herself from bursting out in laughter..n ya, nthng to mention abt her dance..
* the story - raw..it jst seemed so rough on the edges..a movie is supposed to hav its highs n lows u knw, taking the audience wth it..but this one, it was jst plain..u cud never actually feel it all happening!..the scenes werent polished to say the least..
*saif tried his best in the movie..i love the part when he blabbers stuff at deepikaz wedding when they meet jhaadi ke peechhe..i hope ppl remember him for tht one masterpiece..smhow i have a feeling he planted it thr wth the same intentions..:)....but never, never ever let saif dance when when the glam doll of the movie is not in the frame, coz ppl would actually notice his steps..n boy isnt he pathetic at tht..
*im sorry, but the songs dont seem to be in any kind of continuity..
*'main tumse baad mein maafi maang lungi' - i still doubt whether it was intended to be humor or serious..bcoz 200 ppl watchng the flick wth me laughed their ass of when deepika said it..
*i believ i echo the feeling of everybdy who saw the movie in tht audi tht nite when i say, 'the movie will be a hit, no doubt. but it aint a good one'..

waiting for kaminey, dhan te nan!

Vatsala said...

@Pourush: Arre yaar...I'd given it such a 'critical' angle..this whole movie...tune to pachka hi kardiya:D:D

But truely...I think I totally buy what you said..but even then I guess I liked the movie..only cause I had seen NewYork a week bfore and I just needed a break from all the high drama thingy! :)

pourush said...

thank god i didnt fee newyork..heard itf pathetic..im fo glad kaminey if releafing when im coming home..ill finally watch a good movie in a good hall after a long long time..