Monday, July 11, 2005

years fly by...

Years fly by!! The truth behind this statement is something that I have realized in these past few days- the days that have closed one chapter of my life!! The chapter I don’t want to finish just yet!! Just want to hold on to it for just a bit longer!! But guess time waits for none!! Today my years in school have finally ended!! Now I realize that probably there will be so many people whom I’ll not see for the rest of my life and then there still will be those few who will stay with me for just a little longer and still those who will be there till eternity!!! All these years I was praying and wishing that the school should end soon but now when the prayers have been answered I find that this is not what I was actually praying for!! What was it is something I am not sure aabout still but getting away from people I have known for the whole of my life was definitely not it!! As I sit and think about my school days it seems that it was just yesterday when I had entered the premises of a building that was going to be my home for the next 12 years – by far the best years of my life till date!! It was the pleasant morning of October when I walked through the doors of a school which had nothing more that a few class rooms housed in one building but when I walk out of the same door 12 years later there are many more buildings and surely many more classes!! That October I was not only new to the school but also new to the town!! And I was very young!! My class teacher- Mrs. Powell introduced me to the class!! I was scared, as is every one when he plunges into a whole new world!! I had no idea as to what I was in for??? I took my seat in the front row and I was sitting all alone but then in the break a girl just walked over to me and introduced herself as Katy. She asked me if we two could be friends and I said of course!! Was that a question??? And so we became friends but none of us knew that we would remain so for all the 12 years we are in school though we have had our share of fights and those- ‘don’t talk to me’, days!! My life at school can easily be divided into three phases- the good, the bad and the best!! Most of my years come under the ‘ good’ category while, as there are those bad years, which are better off forgotten but guess life is to be lived and not to be forgotten!! The good years of my life were the years I made so many friends who were always there for me and who made me believe in me!! These were the years I can never forget come what may!! My life revolved around these few people and theirs revolved around me!! These were the years when I found out what I liked and what I didn’t, these were the years when my life was being shaped by so many people!! When finally the wet clay was being dried!! My life at Greenfield high began not with a boom but with a whimper!! And as it ends, again there is no bang though a lot of excitement and expectations…and hopes!! It’s difficult to hold on to time! We cannot hold it tight in our hands…time just fly’s by!! And so do years!! Soon we would be here in the same position though at different places trying to hold on to our college years but then guess this is what life is all about…as one chapter seems to end he other is open right there in front of you!! We only need to let time do its job while we gather our moments and memories, which will be there with us forever…no matter what!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

moti shit pot kuch naya likh..kya din bhar soti rehti hai..u r ancient wrt school now..
rite something new!

Unknown said...

and allow other ppl apart from bloggers to comment change in the settings tab on blogger.com

Unknown said...

uve been tagged!! chk outmy new post and do the needfull!! :)

Anonymous said...

I don't know whether u really left skool in 2005 or not.. (ref: the first comment on this post). Anywaiz, oops! just read the second comment.. aaiyo.. kyon mere pet pe laat mar rahi ho upasana... likhne do mujhe.. i dont have an account on blogspot.com/.. so does that mean i dont have the right to post comments.. ;-) he he.. just kidding... Even i felt the same thing when i left my second skool where i spent 8 yrs of my life.. from class 3 to class 10. And today, finally i have been re-united with most of my classmates.. and even those with whom i did not share that close friendship... People dont vanish anywhere, its just a matter of how hard u try to find them... we all worked hard for around 6 yrs to get re-united.. what abt u?