Monday, October 06, 2008

Phir Dekhiye...

There always are those few songs..which touch that 1 special cord....well in my case...there always are many ;-)..But these days..out of the so many songs that are playing on my mind right now...I think it is 'Phir Dekhiye' from Rock On....It is..I don't might not be for many, but for me an inspirational number! Excellent lyrics....
"Annkhon mein jiske, koi to khwaab hai
khush hai wahi jo, thoda betaab hai...
Zindagi mein koi, aarzu kijiye..
Phir dekhiye"
I think the lyrics are 1 of the best ever for Javed Akhtar....Really cool! That Gulzar 'dust' does wipe off a bit..here n there... :)

2 comments:

Shashank said...

music is one stream where our choices always match! :)
love this song, along with the rest on this album(the snake song we shall ignore, it was a third-party band-which lost, i might add). even though it so diff from the others it fits seamlessly..

Shashank said...

and oh! the lyrics.. terrific stuff.. who could have thought a song that goes 'meri laundry ka ek bill..' could be so, well, addictive in a non-cheesy way! and dont get me started on 'sindbad..'! how did he think of these things?
by the way, did you notice, the tune of 'rock on' is set to the theme of lakshya(when hrithik's scaling the cliff/rocky geographical structure)